In video ads, it is more likely that audience will remember them if they swiftly tell the message and grab more attention. We would like to give you few tips on designing your own video ads, with these characterisitics in mind.
- Optimize for mobile: It is recommended to make the video more mobile-optimized for more visual-appealing video. One thing to note: Carousel has a fixed 1:1 frame.
- Lead audience to action: Think about design elements that could guide audience to either scrolling the Carousel, or clicking on “Learn More” button on the bottom.
- Make video shorter than 15 seconds: Mobile users prefer videos that are shorter than 15 seconds. Shorter video tend to be more effective, as the viewers tend to finish watching the video, thus view the message in the entirety.
- Make videos that swiftly grabs audience’s attention: Mobile environment has faster content consumption speed, and shorter attention span. Thus, it is important to start the video with the most interesting part, so that it grabs audience’s attention. You can either design the video with lively background or elements that can induce interest, or try to convey messages about your product or brand in less than 10 seconds.
- Make videos so that audience can understand without listening to sound: While it is advised to make the video so that audience can understand the video’s message without the sound, it is recommended to include sound so that the audience can engage in more immersive experience. You can use various components such as text overlays, typographic elements, and custom graphics. For sound, a .wav file should be used, and if you don’t want to include sound, you have to insert a blank audio file.
- Minimize use of text: Using too much text will hinder audience’s concentration. So, it is recommended to minimize the use of text. In Shakr, we support setting text box as empty, so keep that in mind when you design the video! Also, Facebook’s policy dictates that text area should not exceed 20% of the entire thumbnail area, so be cautious. In this case, logo is also counted as text. Please refer to examples below.
This concludes tips regarding videos on Carousel. Utilize these tips to design stunning templates!